Is Mold In A House Serious?

Is Mold In A House Serious?

The signs of mold contamination in a home are not only unsightly, but they can also be dangerous for people with asthma and other respiratory problems. Breathing in mold spores can trigger asthma flare-ups and worsen existing asthma. People with weakened immune systems are particularly vulnerable to the effect of mold on their bodies. In the most serious cases, the spores of mold can cause allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis, which causes chest pain and fever.

What Are Signs Of Mold In Your House?

You should immediately call a mold remediation company if you suspect that your home is suffering from mold infestation. Mold growth is a nasty business and can make you feel ill. The good news is that there are several warning signs you can look for that will give you the heads up you need to make the necessary repairs.

First, look for visible mold. It will often appear as spots or stains on the walls. Some people may simply brush off these stains, but they should be cleaned immediately. Some molds tend to produce dust, which can cause respiratory problems. If you notice unexplained dust in your home, it may be mold.

You may also notice a musty odor. This odor is usually the first sign of mold. If you notice this smell in a single room, chances are the mold is located there. If the smell occurs throughout the house, it is likely to be in one of the vents.

You should also look for bubbles and warping in the paint. You should also check for water stains on floors, walls, and ceilings. Another sign of mold is condensation on windows. Condensation on windows indicates high humidity, which is a breeding ground for mold.

How Do I Get Rid Of Mold In My House?

There are a variety of molds that can affect people’s health. Many of them are harmless, but some can cause a variety of symptoms, including coughing, sore throat, and sneezing. They can also cause irritation to the eyes and skin. Those with allergies or asthma may also experience more severe reactions. They may also develop a serious infection in their lungs. Mold can enter a home through an open door or by being carried in the air by pets.

One method to get rid of mold in your home is to apply bleach to the affected areas. Although this is effective on non-porous surfaces, it will not kill mold that grows below the surface. Furthermore, this method can damage materials and leave toxic fumes. Instead, you can use borax or vinegar, which are safer alternatives that will not leave a toxic residue.

Baking soda is another common household ingredient that can be used to combat mold. It can be mixed with water to create a spray that will help remove any spores. Then, using a scrub brush to remove any contaminated material is another option. Essential oils can also be used to get rid of mold.

The most effective way to get rid of mold in your home is to solve the source of the problem. Fungi thrive on organic matter, and they require moisture and a temperature that is just right for them to grow. These conditions are more likely to be present in areas of the house where the air circulation is not optimal and areas where water or moisture can infiltrate. Once you’ve eliminated the source, you can prevent the mold from returning in the future.

For more info on mold remediation call us today!